Thursday, March 13, 2008

Marco Monster's Car Physics Demo in XNA

Today I had a little bit of time and I found a very nice (work/learning wise not really graphics wise) little demo about a small car, which one can drive around and all the interesting values when it comes to in game physics and a fast driving car are shown on the screen.

It was written a while ago in C++ and uses Allegro. I thought it would be nice to have a XNA version. I do not know if this is already available or not, maybe the geeks have this already for a while. If you do not have it please feel free to play around with it.

BTW, I have finished my second article for the DNDJ about my XNA Car Cup Simple racing game already, but this might be something for part 3 ;)

People aready start pushing me, but it is done when it is done :))
So stay tuned, there is much more to come. If you have any ideas or wishes, let me know!!



It is still slow, far from beeing perfect, but I am too tired today to look into it again, but I bet you get the idea and there will be an updated version soon....

UPDATE: I uploaded a newer version today, I replaced the drawing method for the lines, I am using the PrimitiveBatch class from the creats.xna.com web site, which makes it much faster.

The keyboard keys used:
Escape ................................. Exit
F12 ...................................... Reset
Up/Down/Left/Right ....... Drive the car around
Q/W .................................... Zoom in/Zoom out
R/F/Space ......................... Slip around (Rear, Front, Both)

Source code:
http://hamboeck.googlepages.com/XNACardemo.zip

No comments:

CSharpCodeFormatter